Amazon to open shipping centre in Czech Republic - report
PRAGUE, April 26
PRAGUE, April 26 (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc plans to build a 100,000-sqm logistics centre in the Czech Republic, daily E15 reported, citing several unnamed sources familiar with the company's plans.
It said the U.S. online seller picked the Czech Republic over neighbouring Poland.
The shipping site should create at least 1,000 new jobs in the central European country and Amazon had plans to launch its operation by the autumn, the paper also said.
Amazon was not immediately available to comment.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'