S&P cuts Barrick Gold long-term corporate credit rating
April 26 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said on Friday it cut Barrick Gold Corp's long-term corporate credit rating to BBB from BBB-plus.
"The downgrade follows several recent company announcements including Barrick's intention to issue long-term debt securities in the near future and a Chilean court preliminary injunction that has stopped major construction activities on the Chilean side of its Pascua-Lama project," the rating agency said in a statement.
S&P also said it believes "that sufficient debt reduction to improve our credit ratio expectations on the company at the BBB-plus rating has become increasingly remote."
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV