Japan transport min: Govt to issue permit to resume Boeing 787 flights
TOKYO, April 26
TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Japan's transportation minister said on Friday the government will issue a technical directive on Friday that would permit Boeing Co to resume flights of its grounded 787 Dreamliner jets.
The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration gave formal approval on Thursday for a new lithium-ion battery system for Boeing's Dreamliner, ending a three-month ban and clearing airlines to fly the plane with passengers again.
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds