China Construction Bank first quarter profit up 16 pct
HONG KONG, April 26
HONG KONG, April 26 (Reuters) - China Construction Bank , the world's No.2 lender by market value, reported better-than-expected first-quarter earnings on Friday, as signs of a rebound in home prices helped to boost lending.
CCB said its net profit was 59.6 billion yuan ($9.66 billion)in January-March, above expectations for 55.2 billion yuan, according to a Reuters poll of six analysts. This was also 16 percent higher than 51.6 billion yuan the bank reported the same period a year ago. ($1 = 6.1707 Chinese yuan) (Reporting by Kelvin Soh; Editing by Edmund Klamann and Jane Merriman)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South