D.R. Horton profit jumps 173 pct, orders up 34 pct
April 26 (Reuters) - D.R. Horton Inc, the No.1 U.S. home builder, reported a 173 percent jump in quarterly profit and said orders for future sales rose 34 percent.
Net income rose to $111.0 million, or 32 cents per share, in the second quarter from $40.6 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 49 percent to $1.39 billion.
D.R. Horton has benefited from a recovering U.S. housing market that led to a short supply of new homes available for sale.
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |