D.R. Horton profit jumps 173 pct, orders up 34 pct
April 26 (Reuters) - D.R. Horton Inc, the No.1 U.S. home builder, reported a 173 percent jump in quarterly profit and said orders for future sales rose 34 percent.
Net income rose to $111.0 million, or 32 cents per share, in the second quarter from $40.6 million, or 13 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 49 percent to $1.39 billion.
D.R. Horton has benefited from a recovering U.S. housing market that led to a short supply of new homes available for sale.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead