F-Secure profit rises, cost cuts offset weak corporate spending
HELSINKI, April 26
HELSINKI, April 26 (Reuters) - Finnish security software maker F-Secure reported a 9 percent rise in operating profit as cost cuts helped make up for weak sales of its content cloud services to business clients.
F-Secure said first-quarter earnings before interest and taxes rose to 5.9 million euros from 5.4 million euros a year earlier, while sales were flat at 38.4 million euros.
F-Secure's software is sold mainly through internet service providers, but the company has also been targeting corporate clients by offering content cloud services, which allow users to store content online instead of on their own servers. (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |