Japan's Nikkei rises on upbeat U.S. earnings, data
TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei average advanced in early trade on Friday after strong U.S. company earnings and resilient labour market data boosted Wall Street, although the benchmark was holding just below the 14,000-mark, a level not seen since June 2008. The Nikkei added 0.3 percent to reach 13,961.24, while the broader Topix index put on 0.2 percent to 1,175.02.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media