Spanish regulator proposes Deloitte as Pescanova administrator
MADRID, April 26
MADRID, April 26 (Reuters) - Spanish stock market regulator CNMV said on Friday it had proposed Deloitte as the administrator of Spanish fishing firm Pescanova, which has filed for insolvency.
A Spanish court accepted Pescanova's insolvency filing on Thursday and put the CNMV in charge of appointing independent administrators.
Pescanova has filed for insolvency on 1.5 billion euros of debt but financial sources who have had dealings with the company say total debt is probably more than double that amount, potentially making it the country's third-largest bankruptcy.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation