Amazon to open shipping centre in Czech Republic: report
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc plans to build a 100,000-sqm logistics center in the Czech Republic, daily E15 reported, citing several unnamed sources familiar with the company's plans.
It said the U.S. online seller picked the Czech Republic over neighboring Poland.
The shipping site should create at least 1,000 new jobs in the central European country and Amazon had plans to launch its operation by the autumn, the paper also said.
Amazon was not immediately available to comment.
(Reporting by Jana Mlcochova; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan