Amazon to open shipping centre in Czech Republic: report
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc plans to build a 100,000-sqm logistics center in the Czech Republic, daily E15 reported, citing several unnamed sources familiar with the company's plans.
It said the U.S. online seller picked the Czech Republic over neighboring Poland.
The shipping site should create at least 1,000 new jobs in the central European country and Amazon had plans to launch its operation by the autumn, the paper also said.
Amazon was not immediately available to comment.
(Reporting by Jana Mlcochova; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |