Five dead in house fire in suburban Atlanta
ATLANTA (Reuters) - A mother and four children died in a suburban Atlanta house fire early Saturday, police said.
Before she died in the blaze, the 28-year-old mother was able to wake her 11-year old daughter, who escaped the home and was the only survivor, according to a statement by the Newnan, Georgia, police department.
The mother's 5-year-old daughter died in the fire as did three other children between the ages of 1 and 3, who were spending the night at the house, police said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical fault, the police statement said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.