Five dead in house fire in suburban Atlanta
ATLANTA (Reuters) - A mother and four children died in a suburban Atlanta house fire early Saturday, police said.
Before she died in the blaze, the 28-year-old mother was able to wake her 11-year old daughter, who escaped the home and was the only survivor, according to a statement by the Newnan, Georgia, police department.
The mother's 5-year-old daughter died in the fire as did three other children between the ages of 1 and 3, who were spending the night at the house, police said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical fault, the police statement said.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |