BRF Brasil Foods doubles first-quarter profit, beats estimates
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - BRF Brasil Foods SA , the world's largest poultry exporter, doubled its profits in the first quarter from a year earlier due to lower feed costs and higher sales.
The company, known as BRF, reported net income of 359 million reais ($179 million) in a securities filing on Monday, above the average forecast of 309 million reais in a Reuters poll and well beyond the 153 million reais a year earlier.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine