Ensco 1st-qtr profit rises 20 pct on new rig deployment
April 29 (Reuters) - Ensco Plc, owner of the world's second-largest offshore drilling fleet, reported a 20 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by the deployment of new rigs over the past year.
First-quarter net profit rose to $317 million, or $1.36 per share, from $265 million, or $1.20 per share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 13 percent to $1.15 billion.
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |