Erste keeps outlook, Q1 net falls 49 pct
VIENNA, April 29
VIENNA, April 29 (Reuters) - Erste Group Bank reiterated its outlook for stable operating results this year while posting a drop in first-quarter net profit slightly larger than market expectations.
"Erste Group expects a slight improvement in economic performance for Central and Eastern Europe in the second half of 2013, even though growth will remain moderate. Accordingly, Erste Group targets a stable operating result for 2013," emerging Europe's third-biggest lender said on Monday.
The Austrian bank said net profit after minorities fell 49.1 percent to 176.2 million euros ($229.5 million). Seven analysts polled by Reuters had on average expected a profit of 188 million euros versus a year-earlier profit that was flattered by one-off factors. ($1 = 0.7676 euros) (Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Angelika Gruber)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections