Loews profit falls 34 pct
April 29 (Reuters) - Hotel, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp reported a 34 percent fall in quarterly profit due to lower revenue from its offshore rig contracting unit Diamond Offshore and a drop in investment income.
Net income fell to $242 million, or 62 cents per share, for the first-quarter, compared with $367 million, or 92 cents per share, a year earlier.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote