Loews profit falls 34 pct
April 29 (Reuters) - Hotel, energy and financial services conglomerate Loews Corp reported a 34 percent fall in quarterly profit due to lower revenue from its offshore rig contracting unit Diamond Offshore and a drop in investment income.
Net income fell to $242 million, or 62 cents per share, for the first-quarter, compared with $367 million, or 92 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York