Dollar rises to session high vs yen after U.S. housing data
NEW YORK, April 29
NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - The dollar erased losses against the yen to trade slightly higher on Monday after data showed contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes rose in March.
The dollar hit a session high of 98.10 yen after the data, according to Reuters data, and was last at 98.08 yen, up 0.1 percent on the day.
Before the release of the data, the dollar was trading around 97.85 yen.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software