Dollar rises to session high vs yen after U.S. housing data
NEW YORK, April 29
NEW YORK, April 29 (Reuters) - The dollar erased losses against the yen to trade slightly higher on Monday after data showed contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes rose in March.
The dollar hit a session high of 98.10 yen after the data, according to Reuters data, and was last at 98.08 yen, up 0.1 percent on the day.
Before the release of the data, the dollar was trading around 97.85 yen.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions