Newmont profit down as gold, copper sales fall
April 29 (Reuters) - Newmont Mining Corp reported lower first quarter profit on Monday as gold and copper sales fell.
The largest U.S.-based gold miner said net income attributable to its common shareholders fell to $315 million, or 63 cents a share, from $490 million, or 97 cents, a year earlier. Sales fell to $2.18 billion from $2.68 billion.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official