Brazil retailer Pão de Açúcar profit rises 70 pct from year ago
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - Grupo Pão de Açúcar , Brazil's biggest diversified retailer, said on Monday that first-quarter net income rose 70 percent from a year earlier to 275 million reais ($138 million), according to a securities filing.
Profit beat an average forecast of 244 million reais in a Reuters survey of eight analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 11 percent to 862 million reais, slightly below an average estimate of 874 million reais.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |