Brazil retailer Pão de Açúcar profit rises 70 pct from year ago
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - Grupo Pão de Açúcar , Brazil's biggest diversified retailer, said on Monday that first-quarter net income rose 70 percent from a year earlier to 275 million reais ($138 million), according to a securities filing.
Profit beat an average forecast of 244 million reais in a Reuters survey of eight analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 11 percent to 862 million reais, slightly below an average estimate of 874 million reais.
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief