Brazil retailer Pão de Açúcar profit rises 70 pct from year ago
SAO PAULO, April 29
SAO PAULO, April 29 (Reuters) - Grupo Pão de Açúcar , Brazil's biggest diversified retailer, said on Monday that first-quarter net income rose 70 percent from a year earlier to 275 million reais ($138 million), according to a securities filing.
Profit beat an average forecast of 244 million reais in a Reuters survey of eight analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, rose 11 percent to 862 million reais, slightly below an average estimate of 874 million reais.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media