United Airlines orders 30 regional jets from Brazil's Embraer
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA), the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, booked an order from United Airlines on Monday for 30 regional jets, the latest in a string of orders for smaller aircraft by major U.S. airlines.
The E-175 jets will form part of the United Express fleet controlled by industry leader United Continental (UAL.N). The order includes options for as many as 40 additional aircraft for a total of $2.9 billion at current list prices.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes)
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro