United Airlines orders 30 regional jets from Brazil's Embraer
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA (EMBR3.SA), the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, booked an order from United Airlines on Monday for 30 regional jets, the latest in a string of orders for smaller aircraft by major U.S. airlines.
The E-175 jets will form part of the United Express fleet controlled by industry leader United Continental (UAL.N). The order includes options for as many as 40 additional aircraft for a total of $2.9 billion at current list prices.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes)
- Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident |
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry: father |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Bloodshed in eastern Ukraine heightens fear as talks start |
- India holds biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining strength