U.S. Treasury expects to pay down $35 billion in debt in Q2
WASHINGTON, April 29
WASHINGTON, April 29 (Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury said on Monday it expects to pay down $35 billion in net marketable debt in the current quarter after previously saying it would borrow $103 billion.
The Treasury said it expects to issue $223 billion in net marketable debt for the July-September quarter and end the quarter with a cash balance of $80 billion.
Treasury said it issued $349 billion in net marketable debt securities in the January-March 2013 quarter.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |