Aetna first-quarter profit falls
April 30 (Reuters) - Health insurer Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that first-quarter earnings fell due to costs from buying Coventry Health Care, but it projected an increase in medical customers and profit for 2013 due to operating improvements.
Aetna said net income was $490.1 million, or $1.48 per share, compared with $511 million, or $1.43 per share, a year earlier.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter