Aetna first-quarter profit falls
April 30 (Reuters) - Health insurer Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that first-quarter earnings fell due to costs from buying Coventry Health Care, but it projected an increase in medical customers and profit for 2013 due to operating improvements.
Aetna said net income was $490.1 million, or $1.48 per share, compared with $511 million, or $1.43 per share, a year earlier.
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse