Aetna first-quarter profit falls
April 30 (Reuters) - Health insurer Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that first-quarter earnings fell due to costs from buying Coventry Health Care, but it projected an increase in medical customers and profit for 2013 due to operating improvements.
Aetna said net income was $490.1 million, or $1.48 per share, compared with $511 million, or $1.43 per share, a year earlier.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study