Aetna first-quarter profit falls
April 30 (Reuters) - Health insurer Aetna Inc said on Tuesday that first-quarter earnings fell due to costs from buying Coventry Health Care, but it projected an increase in medical customers and profit for 2013 due to operating improvements.
Aetna said net income was $490.1 million, or $1.48 per share, compared with $511 million, or $1.43 per share, a year earlier.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown