Avon first-quarter revenue flat, excluding currency impact
April 30 (Reuters) - Avon Products Inc on Tuesday said first-quarter revenue fell 3.5 percent to $2.48 billion because of currency fluctuations, and the beauty products company reported a net loss of $13.7 million, or 3 cents per share, compared with net income of $26.5 million, or 6 cents per share a year earlier.
Avon said it sold 3 percent fewer items in the quarter that ended March 31, but the number of sales representatives rose 1 percent.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin