Deutsche Bank Q1 litigation expense no pattern for 2013 -CFO
FRANKFURT, April 30
FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank Chief Financial Officer Stefan Krause said first-quarter litigation expenses were unusually low thanks to a large one-off charge booked in the full year 2012.
The first quarter expenses of 132 million euros were "regrettably" no indication of the rate of future costs in 2013 Krause told a conference call.
"Litigation expenses are likely to be a higher burden in future quarters," Co-Chief Executive Anshu Jain said.
In the fourth quarter Deutsche Bank booked litigation expenses of 1.787 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7634 euros) (Reporting By Jonathan Gould and Edward Taylor)
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles