Deutsche Bank Q1 litigation expense no pattern for 2013 -CFO
FRANKFURT, April 30
FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank Chief Financial Officer Stefan Krause said first-quarter litigation expenses were unusually low thanks to a large one-off charge booked in the full year 2012.
The first quarter expenses of 132 million euros were "regrettably" no indication of the rate of future costs in 2013 Krause told a conference call.
"Litigation expenses are likely to be a higher burden in future quarters," Co-Chief Executive Anshu Jain said.
In the fourth quarter Deutsche Bank booked litigation expenses of 1.787 billion euros. ($1 = 0.7634 euros) (Reporting By Jonathan Gould and Edward Taylor)
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China