Fresenius Medical Q1 net income down on U.S. healthcare cuts
FRANKFURT, April 30
FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - First-quarter net income at Fresenius Medical Care, the world's largest dialysis provider, dropped to a worse-than-expected $225 million, hurt by austerity measures in the United States, its most important market.
Analysts had on average expected $256 million in quarterly net income.
The company continues to target 2013 net income of between $1.1-$1.2 billion, it said on Tuesday.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease