Genworth's profit more than doubles on U.S. unit performance
April 30 (Reuters) - Life and mortgage insurer Genworth Financial Inc's first-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by strong performance in its U.S. mortgage insurance business.
Net income rose 124 percent to $103 million, or 21 cents per share, for the quarter ended March 31, from $46 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company's operating profit was 30 cents per share.
The operating income in the U.S. mortgage unit was $21 million, compared with net operating loss of $44 million a year earlier.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting