Brazil's Itaú beats recurring profit estimates in first quarter
SAO PAULO, April 30
SAO PAULO, April 30 (Reuters) - Itaú Unibanco Holding SA , Brazil's largest bank by market value, reported a slight gain in profit in the first quarter, according to a securities filing published on Tuesday.
The São Paulo-based banking giant earned recurring net income of 3.512 billion reais ($1.74 billion reais) in the quarter, 0.3 percent more than in the prior three months. A Thomson Reuters poll of 11 analysts expected recurring net income, or a measure of profit excluding one-off items, at 3.45 billion reais.
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |