Brazil's Itaú beats recurring profit estimates in first quarter
SAO PAULO, April 30
SAO PAULO, April 30 (Reuters) - Itaú Unibanco Holding SA , Brazil's largest bank by market value, reported a slight gain in profit in the first quarter, according to a securities filing published on Tuesday.
The São Paulo-based banking giant earned recurring net income of 3.512 billion reais ($1.74 billion reais) in the quarter, 0.3 percent more than in the prior three months. A Thomson Reuters poll of 11 analysts expected recurring net income, or a measure of profit excluding one-off items, at 3.45 billion reais.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East