REFILE-Marathon Petroleum profit jumps on cheaper U.S. crude oil
April 30 (Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp on Tuesday reported a 22 percent increase in quarterly earnings, as the third largest stand-alone U.S. refining company processed higher amounts of cheaper domestic crude oil.
Marathon said its first-quarter profit was $725 million, or $2.17 per share, compared with $596 million or $1.70 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies