REFILE-Marathon Petroleum profit jumps on cheaper U.S. crude oil
April 30 (Reuters) - Marathon Petroleum Corp on Tuesday reported a 22 percent increase in quarterly earnings, as the third largest stand-alone U.S. refining company processed higher amounts of cheaper domestic crude oil.
Marathon said its first-quarter profit was $725 million, or $2.17 per share, compared with $596 million or $1.70 per share in the same quarter a year earlier.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'