CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends more than 1 percent higher as Suncor jumps
TORONTO, April 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index jumped more than 1 percent on Tuesday, buoyed by gains in almost all main sectors and in Suncor Energy Inc shares after a strong earnings report. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 143.83 points, or 1.17 percent, at 12,456.50. Nine of the 10 main sectors of the index were higher.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South