CANADA STOCKS-TSX falls as materials, banks offset Suncor gain
TORONTO, April 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Tuesday as weakness in materials and financial stocks offset gains in Suncor Energy Inc after its quarterly operating profit topped market expectations. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 27.94 points, or 0.23 percent, 12,284.73 shortly after the open.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image