CANADA STOCKS-TSX falls as materials, banks offset Suncor gain
TORONTO, April 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Tuesday as weakness in materials and financial stocks offset gains in Suncor Energy Inc after its quarterly operating profit topped market expectations. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 27.94 points, or 0.23 percent, 12,284.73 shortly after the open.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users