CANADA STOCKS-TSX falls as materials, banks offset Suncor gain
TORONTO, April 30 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Tuesday as weakness in materials and financial stocks offset gains in Suncor Energy Inc after its quarterly operating profit topped market expectations. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 27.94 points, or 0.23 percent, 12,284.73 shortly after the open.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls