Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, April 30
NEW YORK, April 30 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high against the dollar in early New York trade on Tuesday, with gains accelerating after breaking above resistance around $1.3120.
The euro rose as high as $1.3142, according to Reuters data, and was last at $1.3133, up 0.3 percent on the day.
The European Central Bank meets on Thursday, with many investors expecting an interest-rate cut, but some analysts said the market may have gotten ahead of itself.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan