Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, April 30
NEW YORK, April 30 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high against the dollar in early New York trade on Tuesday, with gains accelerating after breaking above resistance around $1.3120.
The euro rose as high as $1.3142, according to Reuters data, and was last at $1.3133, up 0.3 percent on the day.
The European Central Bank meets on Thursday, with many investors expecting an interest-rate cut, but some analysts said the market may have gotten ahead of itself.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'