Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK, April 30
NEW YORK, April 30 (Reuters) - The euro rose to a session high against the dollar in early New York trade on Tuesday, with gains accelerating after breaking above resistance around $1.3120.
The euro rose as high as $1.3142, according to Reuters data, and was last at $1.3133, up 0.3 percent on the day.
The European Central Bank meets on Thursday, with many investors expecting an interest-rate cut, but some analysts said the market may have gotten ahead of itself.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Pennsylvania sniper held without bail in trooper shooting |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows