Nikkei dips but still heads for best April in 20 years
TOKYO, April 30 (Reuters) - The Nikkei stock average dipped in early trade on Tuesday, although it is heading for its best April performance in 20 years after the Bank of Japan stunned financial markets earlier this month with sweeping stimulus measures. The Nikkei eased 0.2 percent to 13,863.18, while the broader Topix index gained 0.3 percent to 1,165.01.
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight