Nikkei dips but still heads for best April in 20 years
TOKYO, April 30 (Reuters) - The Nikkei stock average dipped in early trade on Tuesday, although it is heading for its best April performance in 20 years after the Bank of Japan stunned financial markets earlier this month with sweeping stimulus measures. The Nikkei eased 0.2 percent to 13,863.18, while the broader Topix index gained 0.3 percent to 1,165.01.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |