Nikkei dips but still heads for best April in 20 years
TOKYO, April 30 (Reuters) - The Nikkei stock average dipped in early trade on Tuesday, although it is heading for its best April performance in 20 years after the Bank of Japan stunned financial markets earlier this month with sweeping stimulus measures. The Nikkei eased 0.2 percent to 13,863.18, while the broader Topix index gained 0.3 percent to 1,165.01.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage