Generali will not subscribe to RCS Mediagroup's rights issue
TRIESTE, April 30
TRIESTE, April 30 (Reuters) - Italian insurer Generali said on Tuesday it will not take up its part of a 500-million-euro ($655 million) rights issue planned by the end of July for loss-making publisher RCS Mediagroup.
Generali holds 3.9 percent of RCS Mediagroup.
"We will not exercise our option in the RCS capital increase," said Generali Chief Executive Mario Greco at a shareholders' meeting, confirming press reports. ($1 = 0.7634 euros) (Reporting by Gianluca Semeraro, writing by Jennifer Clark, editing by xxx)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions