Generali will not subscribe to RCS Mediagroup's rights issue
TRIESTE, April 30
TRIESTE, April 30 (Reuters) - Italian insurer Generali said on Tuesday it will not take up its part of a 500-million-euro ($655 million) rights issue planned by the end of July for loss-making publisher RCS Mediagroup.
Generali holds 3.9 percent of RCS Mediagroup.
"We will not exercise our option in the RCS capital increase," said Generali Chief Executive Mario Greco at a shareholders' meeting, confirming press reports. ($1 = 0.7634 euros) (Reporting by Gianluca Semeraro, writing by Jennifer Clark, editing by xxx)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |