SoftBank: heard Sprint approval process moving smoothly
TOKYO, April 30
TOKYO, April 30 (Reuters) - SoftBank Corp President Masayoshi Son said on Tuesday that the company has heard from U.S. authorities that the approval process for its Sprint Nextel Corp deal is moving smoothly.
Son has said the U.S. regulatory review of the deal was on schedule and reiterated that the offer was on track to close by July 1.
The deal has been challenged by a counteroffer from Dish Network Corp.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |