Suncor schedules Q3 maintenance for 240,000-bpd upgrader unit
CALGARY, Alberta, April 30
CALGARY, Alberta, April 30 (Reuters) - Suncor Energy Inc said on Tuesday it would partially shut the 240,000-barrels-per-day upgrader 2 unit in its northern Alberta oil sands operations during the third quarter for scheduled maintenance.
The company did not detail how much production would be reduced because of the planned work on various units within the facility.
Upgraders convert bitumen mined from oil sands into refinery-ready synthetic crude.
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact: WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source