Telefonica to sell 40 pct of Central America assets for $500 mln
MADRID, April 30
MADRID, April 30 (Reuters) - Spain's Telefonica said on Tuesday it had agreed to sell 40 percent of its assets in Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Panama to Corporacion Multi Inversiones for $500 million.
The price of the sale could increase by up to $72 million according to the assets' future growth, it said in a regulatory filing.
Telefonica, which is fighting to shrink a net debt pile of 51.3 billion euros at end-2012, will keep control of the assets after the sale, the Spain's largest telecoms operator said.
(Reporting By Paul Day; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House