Turkey's Arcelik Q1 profit up 7 pct, in line with forecasts
ISTANBUL, April 30
ISTANBUL, April 30 (Reuters) - Turkish white-goods maker Arcelik said on Tuesday its net profit rose 7 percent year-on-year to 129.4 million lira ($72 million) in the first quarter.
Arcelik said sales rose 1 percent to 2.43 billion lira in the first quarter from a year earlier, in a statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
Analysts had expected a fall in television sales to have dented revenues, but had also forecast that a rise in white goods margins would lift profit.
($1 = 1.7956 Turkish liras) (Writing by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel