SoftBank: heard Sprint approval process moving smoothly
TOKYO (Reuters) - SoftBank Corp President Masayoshi Son said on Tuesday that the company has heard from U.S. authorities that the approval process for its Sprint Nextel Corp deal is moving smoothly.
Son has said the U.S. regulatory review of the deal was on schedule and reiterated that the offer was on track to close by July 1.
The deal has been challenged by a counteroffer from Dish Network Corp.
(Reporting by Mari Saito; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video