Valero has quarterly profit versus year-earlier loss
(Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp (VLO.N) on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit compared with a year-earlier loss, as the U.S. refining company's margins benefited from processing cheaper domestic crude oil.
Valero, based in San Antonio, had a profit of $654 million, or $1.18 per share, compared with a loss of $432 million, or 78 cents a year before, when the company took a charge related to its plant in Aruba.
(Reporting by Anna Driver; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit