Valero has quarterly profit versus year-earlier loss
April 30 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit compared with a year-earlier loss, as the U.S. refining company's margins benefited from processing cheaper domestic crude oil.
Valero, based in San Antonio, had a profit of $654 million, or $1.18 per share, compared with a loss of $432 million, or 78 cents a year before, when the company took a charge related to its plant in Aruba.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |