Valero has quarterly profit versus year-earlier loss
April 30 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit compared with a year-earlier loss, as the U.S. refining company's margins benefited from processing cheaper domestic crude oil.
Valero, based in San Antonio, had a profit of $654 million, or $1.18 per share, compared with a loss of $432 million, or 78 cents a year before, when the company took a charge related to its plant in Aruba.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel