Valero has quarterly profit versus year-earlier loss
April 30 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp on Tuesday reported a first-quarter profit compared with a year-earlier loss, as the U.S. refining company's margins benefited from processing cheaper domestic crude oil.
Valero, based in San Antonio, had a profit of $654 million, or $1.18 per share, compared with a loss of $432 million, or 78 cents a year before, when the company took a charge related to its plant in Aruba.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as troops build up rapidly |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane