Yamana Gold profit falls on lower gold price, costs
TORONTO, April 30
TORONTO, April 30 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Yamana Gold Inc reported a 40 percent drop in first-quarter profit on Tuesday as lower gold prices and higher costs outweighed a boost in gold production.
Net income was $102.1 million, or 14 cents a share, in the quarter ended March 31. That compared with $170 million, or 23 cents a share, in the year-earlier period.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $534.9 million.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat