IATA says air travel demand grew by 6 pct in March
GENEVA May 1 (Reuters) - Global air travel demand grew by 6 percent in March from a year earlier, led by emerging markets, the International Air Transport Association said on Wednesday.
Growth in passenger traffic was strongest in the Middle East where demand grew 15.6 percent and outstripped growth in capacity, meaning fewer empty seats. (Reporting by Emma Farge; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |