Alcoa considering aluminum production cuts
May 1 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc said on Wednesday it is considering curtailing its aluminum production, a move that could affect up to 11 percent of its global smelting capacity.
The company said it is reviewing 460,000 tonnes of smelting capacity for possible curtailment over the next 15 months. It already has 13 percent of its capacity idled.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5