Alcoa considering aluminum production cuts
May 1 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc said on Wednesday it is considering curtailing its aluminum production, a move that could affect up to 11 percent of its global smelting capacity.
The company said it is reviewing 460,000 tonnes of smelting capacity for possible curtailment over the next 15 months. It already has 13 percent of its capacity idled.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |