Catastrophe losses hurt Allstate profit
May 1 (Reuters) - Home and auto insurer Allstate Corp reported a 7.4 percent decline in quarterly profit, hurt by bigger losses from catastrophes.
Net income fell to $709 million, or $1.47 cents per share, in the first quarter from $766 million, or $1.53 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Allstate earned $1.35 per share.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data