Cameco profit falls more than 90 pct on sales decline
May 1 (Reuters) - Cameco Corp, one of the world's biggest uranium producers, reported a 93 percent fall in first-quarter profit as uranium sales declined.
Net earnings attributable to the company fell to C$9 million ($8.95 million), or 2 Canadian cents per share, from C$129 million, or 33 Canadian cents per share.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand